Saturday, December 11, 2010

'Twas the Night Before

I've always wanted the talent to tell a story in the form of a rhyming poem.  I don't have that ability.  And poetry and I don't always get along...unless it's written by Dr. Seuss.  So, as much as I want this post to be like "Green Eggs and Ham"...it will be like, well, me.  Crazy, unorganized, random and sappy.

We leave in the morning.  It doesn't even seem real.  I've been singing "Leaving on a Jet Plane" by Peter, Paul and Mary all day.  I even bought it from itunes and put it on my borrowed ipod.  Sad, huh?  AND, every time I sang it, I got teary-eyed.

The bags are packed.  I can't believe that detail either.  Yay me!  The moment the last thing went in, I got excited and got a lot less stressed.  That was nice.  Since for 2 weeks, I've been the opposite.  The bags are HEAVY.  I keep worrying that at the airport they will choose to search our bags and it will pop open like one of those practical jokes.  You know, the ones that look like a can of peanut brittle and when you open it a fabric snake pops out?  Yeah, that image keeps running through my head, too.  So, I am hoping to not be arrested for willfully packing my suitcases too tight.

The children are all tucked in at their grandparents.  That was really hard.  Tom asked why Alice can't just come here.  Good question!  Charlotte, 8, cried herself to sleep.  She is not the one I was worried about.  Go figure.  I know that once she wakes up, she'll be fine.  I know that in the logical part of my brain.  But, the emotional part of my brain is screaming that mommys shouldn't be away from their children.  It seems so strange that I have to leave them to go get one of them.  But, the kids here are at grandma's...life is about to get pretty sweet.

I'm up late for no good reason.  My mind is running in a hundred different places.  I just can't seem to settle down.  5 hours from now I'll be getting up and getting ready for one of the biggest adventures of my life.  So, maybe that is my good reason.  Who could sleep at a time like this? 

Well, because I've had this song stuck in my head I feel only fitting that you do too...because I like to share.

5 comments:

  1. By the time you read this you guys should be across the ocean, beginning what WILL be the adventure of a lifetime. May all God's blessings go before you, paving the way to joy beyond imagination. We love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won't see this until you are there. We are praying beautiful things for your family there and here. The Robisons love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny to think that you are across the world by now-after all of the past prayer, preparation, and hard-work you're actually there!
    We love you and will keep you in prayer.

    p.s. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you and Erin for safe travel and rest (which is hard to do when you are waiting that last night before seeing your daughter for the first time!) We look forward to pictures and hearing about you meeting Alice for the first time.
    It seems only yesterday we were right where you are only further North. The overwhelming excitement in my heart of meeting Andrew and Kathlena for the first time I can still feel as if it were yesterday. I pray I never forget it. You will soon know this too! What joy! We love your sweet family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're praying you had a safe trip! Update as much as possible...we're re-living this whole experience through you! I cannot wait for the day you get to meet Alice!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments! They mean so much to us.