The Eastern European country where Alice is currently living has decided to have another vote concerning foreign adoptions. The date they have set for this is Nov 24. If this passes and their President signs it, it will stop all adoptions. Maybe temporarily; maybe permanently. I have no idea how this might effect us and little Alice. I am praying that if the vote passes and a moratorium in put in place, that at least the adoptions that are in progress will be allowed to complete the adoption process. There are 70 families in different stages of adopting 100 children from Reece's Rainbow. This will have a major impact. All of these children have some kind of special need and many have urgent medical needs.
"IF they do indeed put a moratorium in place, we are advocating HARD with Congressional Leaders, the US State Dept, the US Embassy in (Alice's country) and our facilitation teams on the ground there in (Alice's country) to make sure the voice of these children is heard, and that the parliament there understands the life-altering gravity of their decision to impose a closure, even for a short period of time. Even under the guise of improving the process or moving towards Hague compliance, this would be nothing short of a human rights violation, to prevent the adoption of those children with special needs." statement from Reece's Rainbow Director Andrea Roberts
I'm not sure how worried I am. When I start to think about getting things ready and prepared, I stop..."just in case." I don't think that's the right way to go about it. I think I should be moving ahead with preparations. So, I guess I am worried. I know God is in control. I know that he has moved mountains for us. I know he will only do what is the very best for us. I guess I'm just a little scared of what that might look like. I just wanted to put this out there. For prayers on these little ones' behalf. For a record to show Alice all that happened while we were waiting for her. For myself.
Thank you for your prayers.