Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Almost Waiting...

Soon this blog will get very boring. 

I think we are done with the paper chase and now are just waiting for the US government to give us permission to bring our little girl back into this country.  I say "think" because I found out last night that the paper we received from Bank of America should work!  And our form from the county apprasier will be here next week.

Soooo, that means we are to the "wait" part of "hurry up and wait".  I will still update on the garage sale.  I still have that little surprise I am working on.  But, far as the adoption itself, well, that's going to get boring.  Sorry.

Waiting is not a bad thing, right?  People have been telling me my whole life to slow down and wait.  My dad used to get frustrated with me because I have no patience.  Well, Dad, you were right.  Here's the situation you always said would come.  I have to wait and there's nothing I can do about it.  I like to DO.  But, I'll be ok.  I know Alice has an advocate that has her best timing in His hands.  I have plenty to keep me busy!

PS--Sorry about the header.  I have people working on getting it fixed.  I'm so thankful I have people!

2 comments:

  1. Alice does, indeed, have an advocate ~ praise God and Hallelujah! There's a true picture of Christ in her story ~ she is completely oblivious to all that is going on in her behalf. People on the other side of the world working like little bees, filling out paperwork, wearing out their knees with prayer, doing all kinds of wonderful things to raise funding, busy beavers working with paperwork on her side of the world, and so on. All of this is going on and she has no clue at all...not only because of her age and situation but because of her Down syndrome.

    Isn't that just so much like us in relation to God and His plans for us? We, at least, have some idea but in the overall scope ~ I don't think we really have a clue.

    So, yes, Alice does, indeed, have a mighty advocate ~ the Kings of Kings! Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most constructive thing to do during this "down" time is to journal and pray. Also a great time to spend on-line learning all about Ukraine culture, what to pack for yourselves and Alice, learn and understand the process you will go through there (from going through customs to making it all "official" at the US embassy)etc. There really is no "down" time. There is so much to do! It is all just knowledge stuff, not hands on stuff that you can see and feel...but still important. We are praying for you! The paperwork is a bear, but it all works out in the end. Hang in there! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving comments! They mean so much to us.