Sunday, August 15, 2010

Blessings, Blessings, Blessings

We are gearing up for an adoption garage sale and bake sale this weekend.  We are literally drowning in gifts from people!  Our garage is full and I have 4 more pick up this week!  We are so excited and blessed.  What an honor that people are giving us their time and things to sell.

I won't lie, I'm worried about the heat (I heard it will be a heat index of over 100 degrees), but I know that God will give me the strength to endure.  He always does.

We were also gifted some amazing, wonderful blessings today at church.  A wonderful friend gave us a check for $500!  And in the offering box was an envelope with our name on it.  The church treasurer gave it to us and when we opened it...$300 in cash!!!!  With just a note (no name) saying someone wanted to help us out.  I was so overwhelmed.  I can't even put into words the emotions that go along with receiving such gifts.

Erin and I were talking about what an honor it is that the Lord has chosen us for this task.  We know it won't be easy.  In fact, we are anticipating it being very difficult and a roller coaster.  But, the fact that we have been chosen to reach out and change a child's life is amazing to us.  We have no guarantees in this life.  We have no way of MAKING sure we will come home with Alice Faith.  Just like a positive pregnancy test is not a guarantee of a full term pregnancy.  Or putting on a seat belt is not a guarantee of a safe arrival.  We know this.  The reality of it, well that maybe a different story.  We know that we are doing what we are supposed to be doing.  God is control of the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving comments! They mean so much to us.